• ½ cup (125ml) creamy roasted almond butter
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon raw honey
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 – 4 medium medjool dates, pitted
• ½ small to medium ripe banana, mashed
• ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ – 1 teaspoon cinnamon (depending on how much you like cinnamon)
• ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Place dates in a bowl of warm water to soften them up.
2. Place almond butter in the bowl of a Kitchenaid mixer with the paddle attachment. (Or you can use a hand mixer). Mix almond almond butter until creamy – about 1 minute.
3. Drain dates and place in a food processor. Process dates into small pieces.
4. Mash banana using a fork. Add banana, dates, eggs, honey, and vanilla to bowl with almond butter. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Add dry ingredients – salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix again until ingredients are combined.
5. Grease and 8 x 8 baking pan. Place batter in the dish. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle of dish. Do NOT over bake or the bread will become dry.
6. Allow to cool a little bit and enjoy!