• 2 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (about ¾ cup)
• ½ cup (125ml) raw walnuts
• ¼ cup (60ml) raw cashews
• ¾ cup dates, pitted and roughly chopped (about 5-6 large dates)
• 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
• ½ tsp. cinnamon
• Zest of one orange, optional
• Sesame seeds or unsweetened shredded coconut, for rolling
1. In a food processor fitted with the S-blade, process carrots until finely ground. Remove and set aside.
2. Process the walnuts and cashews in the food processor (no need to clean it out) until finely ground. Add the dates and process until finely chopped and incorporated into the nuts. Add the reserved carrots, ginger, cinnamon, and orange zest (if using) and process until dough forms.
3. Shape the mixture into 12-15 small balls. Roll in sesame seeds or shredded coconut to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve, or up to five days.