• 3 cups Almond Meal
• 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
• 1 tsp Baking Powder
• ½ cup (125ml) Coconut Oil (room temperature)
• 1 Tbl Cool Water
• 2 Chicken Breast Halves Roasted and Cubed (about 1 lbs (500g) raw)
• 2 cups (500ml) Yellow Onions Chopped
• 2 cups (500ml) Frozen Green Peas
• 2 cups (500ml) Frozen Carrots
• ¼ cup (60ml) Coconut Milk (full fat)
• ¾ cup Almond Meal
• 4 cups (1L) Low Sodium Chicken Stock
• 3 Tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 Egg (for egg wash)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Wash chicken breast and pat dry.
3. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
4. Drizzle and rub 1 Tbl EVOO on the chicken breast.
5. Sprinkle with generous amount of kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
6. Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 35 minutes.
7. Remove from oven when finished and let cool.
8. Cut into about ½” cubes when cool enough to handle.
1. In a food processor, mix the dry ingredients together (almond meal, salt, and baking powder).
2. Add the coconut oil and slowly pulse until it’s evenly mixed. It should have the consistence of peas.
3. Slowly add the water and pulse until it forms a dough-like texture.
4. Remove from food processor, roll into a ball and wrap in cling wrap.
5. Put the dough into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
[Now is a good time to start on the pie fillings]
6. Dust a pastry board (or cutting board) with almond meal.
7. Place the ball of dough on the dry almond meal and cut into 8 even sections. (Roll into one large piece if you’re making one large pie.)
8. Using your hands first and then a rolling pen for even thickness, press and roll each of the 8 pieces into a circle.
9. Keep dusting the top and bottom of dough with dry almond meal so that it doesn’t stick.
10. Use the ramekin or dish you are baking in to cut the right-size circle in the dough.
1. Heat the EVOO in the bottom of a large pot.
2. Add the yellow onions and cook on medium/high until they’re brown.
3. Slowly add the almond meal and reduce the heat.
4. Slowly add the chicken stock and stir.
5. Add the coconut milk, 1 tsp salt, and black pepper.
6. Add the peas, carrots, and chicken.
7. Spoon an even amount into each of the 8 ramekins (or other oven-friendly bowls).
8. Place the crust on top of the filling.
9. Scramble one egg and paint the crust of each pie generously.
10. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cut 3-4 slits in the top.
11. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for one hour.
Let cool, then ENJOY!