• 2 cups (500ml) walnuts, or other nut/seed of choice
• 1 cup (250ml) shredded unsweetened coconut
• 2 cups (500ml) soft Medjool dates, pitted
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, process the walnuts and coconut until crumbly. Add in the dates, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt and process again until a sticky, uniform batter is formed.
2. Scoop the dough by heaping tablespoons, then roll between your hands to form balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, then place in the freezer to set for at least an hour before serving. Store the balls in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for an even longer shelf life.
3. For a gourmet-looking truffle, you could also roll them in shredded coconut or cocoa powder before chilling!